Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Self-Assesment

When I was in high school, I definitely hovered between the second and third levels of using sources. I never directly took words from my sources unless I was quoting them. I never really put effort into understanding my sources. I was usually just trying to fulfill my quota. Now, I still try to fill my quota, but I understand how actually digesting my sources can help my writing. To be honest, lots of times I still patch or paraphrase, but the difference is that the sources I find especially helpful I do try to fulling understand them, and I think I do summarize them well every once in a while. Going forward I'm going to try to fulling engage myself in all of my sources as best as I can, as long as I believe doing so will actually improve my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment