Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skimming the Surface

During high school, when it came to research projects or papers that required citations, my citations were usually always what the article called patchwriting or paraphrasing. I never really fully comprehended an article to include in any research project to the point where I was composing and summarizing. At best, my work was always just changing the words of the original source and explaining what it meant, but never comprehending and analyzing. During my first year in college, I can admit I've improved. There have been instances where I've fully comprehended prices and articles for a research project, but those instances were rare and mostly because I had a deep interest in what I was learnign and writing about. In most of my assignments this past year, I probably averaged about one source per research project that showed full comprehension, understanding, and analyzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment