Wednesday, April 13, 2011

IMPROVED REMIX & TOPIC PROPOSAL

IMPROVED REMIX:

http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/rhataishi/littlebrother.remix.html


I chose to rework my most recent remix of Little Brother because I felt like it was my strongest work so far. In my first draft, I incorporated the theme of youth against authority. For my research hypertext, I want to focus on how the definition of the norm is so revolutionary. My second draft of my remix has another verse and more lines that relate to this topic. I incorporated parallel subjects about what changing the definition of the norm does to people and how it(if) the norm can return.


TOPIC PROPOSAL: For my research hypertext, I want to focus on the idea of why changing the definition of normal is revolutionary. I feel strongly about this topic and Little Brother provides possible answers to this question. Another question that parallels this idea is how revolutionary change is even possible. In Little Brother, the norm was turned upside down in a blink of an eye. One moment, Marcus and his friends were playing a scavenger hunt and the next moment, Marcus was in jail and separated from his friends. From one terrorist attack, everyone’s lives were altered in an unimaginable way. Prior to the attack, the norm was going to work or school like any other day. However after the attack, the norm no longer existed and innocent people’s routines were inhibited by interrogation.

No comments:

Post a Comment