Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Machinima and Screen Idea

For the various machinimas that I watched, I did enjoy them thoroughly. I watched the Machinima channel on YouTube. My favorite ones were the SpongeBob and Sean Connery play Black Ops. For the SpongeBob one, I enjoyed the many SpongeBob references and the spontaneity of the whole sequence of events. The small children that were playing the game who got mad were by far my favorite. And as the video went on, the kids kept getting madder and madder. All together, the SpongeBob video was fun to watch. For the Sean Connery video, I enjoyed the allusions to his movies and impersonations of him by using the word Junior after everything. It was quite hilarious. For the screen write that I decided to download, I chose the Little Miss Sunshine screen write to read. I have seen the film before and can say that the director did a great job transferring from the screen play to the screen. As I was reading the script, I felt that I could actually visualize the characters and their actions all in my head. As for the casting, since I have seen the movie, the characters made a great transition from paper to the screen. The characters of the screen did a wonderful job of representing the characters on the paper.
For my screen idea I was thinking of doing something like the Black ops ones that I viewed. I did enjoy the humor of it all and think that I could definitely put some funny voice acting and references into my screen idea. Maybe I could do a remake of the concert in the park. I could show the people getting shot by the police with actual guns. I want to have some violence in my video but I am not sure if Second life can show any violence in it. I could also do a Machinima about how the citizens are fighting a war against the police and are literally fighting eachother. Again I am not sure if Second Life will allow me t do such things. Or I could go the completely different direction and do a spoof of Little Brother. Possibly I could do a spoof of the hackers causing the government to look like a fool, almost satirical. I am not sure about this though. I would definitely like some humor in my screen play and violence, maybe like Inglorious Basterds. Sort of Quinton Tarintinoesq. I love that dark humor and I think that it would be awesome in second life.

No comments:

Post a Comment