Wednesday, April 13, 2011

PROP J4CK 7R463R

My initial thought for this hypertext was to right on what is more important, rights or security, as it is a fundamental focus of the novel. Then I realized that this novel has many other underlying themes that would perhaps invoke a strong personal response. For my topic I chose; to what extent is it a persons job to protect the rights of other citizens that won’t protect their own rights. This comes off as a bit of a word jumble, but the meaning is fairly simple: In the book Marcus and his relatively few followers stand up to the DHS poking its nose in everyone’s lives, even while most other people are simply going along with the new rules and regulations. I question whether or not Marcus should be fighting for the rights of those that won’t fight for them themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment