Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skimming the Surface

During high school, I would do my best to summarize the material to the best of my abilities. I always read the material, but I wouldn't always understood it fully, probably because I would rush sometimes. I think I would do a lot of "patchworking"--copying the original argument and alternating a few words here and there. I tried to overcome this over the years, and I think starting here in college I've done mostly paraphrasing with some summarizing on topics that I truly care about. This is the first class I've ever had with annotated bibliographies and reviews of the literature, and it has been very beneficial for me and my goal to improve my writing. In the future and in this class, I hope to improve the way I summarize and comprehend material. I want to take the time to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment