Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Treatment: First Draft

Darryl's Dad is typing on the Xnet to codename "O5@m@". Shot moves into the screen where their conversation is at a close up. "O5@m@: Is the bomb in place? W@rV3T69: Yes, it's been put on the BART O5@m@: Good, very good...it is time for terror in America! W@rV3T69: This country needs to pay for what it's caused me..." [End of conversation] Shot transfers to a flashback of Darryl's dad being ordered to get terrorists in the war and having his entire troop killed in front of his eyes...all the while, Darryl's dad is narrating the events: "Why do I work for the other side? It all started when I was fighting back in the jungles of Nam some 14 miles outside the border. Them goons had me and my 43rd battalion cornered against some palms and they killed all my brothers, each and every one. So you know what I did? I lied there in the mud, in the rain and I cried. I tried to stifle my sobs but I barely could, I sat there in agonizing pain one bullet wound in the chest and the arm praying to God I would see my family again, that I could see my son. I haven't had a good nights sleep ever since. Everytime I close my eyes, them explosions come back and haunt me and this fucked up foreign policy of this fucked up nation. So now I do work for them [transfer to a shot of guys in Turbins] so this country can feel what I've felt." [Transition to scene of explosion with Marcus and friends and Darryl getting stabbed] Marcus: "No!!! Darryl is dead!!!] [Transition to scene with label "2 months later"] Darryl’s Dad is sitting on a couch crying, regretting everything he chose to do. The one reason that drove him to survive the war (his son) was now gone from his decision to betray the country that drove him to insanity. Struggling with all that has happened, Darryl’s dad reaches for a gun, brings it up to his head and pulls the trigger. The screen goes black and the title appears “A Vet’s Regrets”.

No comments:

Post a Comment