Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Remix and Proposal

Improved Remix
To improve my latest remix, I decided to write a little blurb to explain the song that I made based off of Rihanna's "SOS." I really liked the way that the song turned out and I tried to orient it around the idea of security, a topic which I am interested in pursuing for my project. I think with the blurb, this remix is worth a low A because it is original and humorous in a way. It also adds insight to the original and it pertains to an important topic.
SOS remix

Topic Proposal
While reading the novel, one issue that really interested me was the issue of having security in schools. It really bothered me that the US government in the book implemented so many security measures in the high schools, many of which were absurd. But it also made me question why the government would do this. Is it to keep students safe or possibly control them? Can students not be trusted? What kind of environment does that create though if students are limited like that and cannot be trusted? Does it help learning?
For my project, I would like to explore the idea of security in schools, what measures are being implemented today, and for what reasons the school or government would issue these measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment