Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Topic Proposal

For my topic proposal, I plan on investigating the technology used throughout the book and whether or not technology has gone too far in terms of privacy and interaction. With that in mind, I will also address the question of how far is too far. In Little Brother, the technology used has definitely proven that it has gone too far in terms of privacy through the DHS' use of surveillance and cameras. Even though the same technology is used to combat the government through Marcus and the Xnet, I do feel that the technology has gone too far in the book because of the paranoia it creates with the characters in the book. With technology that's able to track where you are and what you've been doing, paranoia is definitely developed. I can also connect the book's use of technology with technology that's used today.


Remix

For my remix, I decided to use an old comic and extend it with the theme of privacy. I didn't feel that my song was A material because it lacked visual content. So I remixed an old comic, except this time I used the theme of how the government strips away privacy on the parents. In the original, I remixed the scene of where the dad states he agrees with the measures the government is taking to capture the terrorists and how he's ok with them taking away his privacy. My old comic just showed a bit of humor on that and how the government follows him into the bathroom. For my new comic, I showed the government taking in Marcus' mom as a terrorist all because she's a native from Britain. I think my comic is A material because it contains visual content, an original idea, I still stick to the main themes from the book, and my comic clearly shows how much effort I put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment