Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Citation-ing

I believe that in middle school and high most of my citation-ing was probably direct copy and pasting and limited change to the original material. I also feel that I was not entirely sure what the purpose of citing was and why we had to do it. I figured it was just a way to show wher we got our information and so the citation should just be just the information itself. Even in my senior year of high school I would say probably 1% of my citing was in the summary category. I would just try to get the work over with and copy and paste the information to my citation. I believe that my habits only began to change in the first part of this sequence in Fall quarter. When we were assigned our annotated bibliography I believe most of writing was probably patchwork writing and not summary. I would definitely just fill in the blanks with my own synonyms for words. I feel that this was probably because of the fact that I didnt feel the bilbiography an important part of the project rather just another requirement that we had to fulfill. I just wanted to get it done and out of the way and that is why I patchworked most of my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment