Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Machinima

After looking at the many different machinimas, there were a lot of things that I liked. I saw the very dramatic “addiction” Machinima that , through my interpretation was about Marcuses addiction to rebelling against authority. In the machinima he mentions that he bets and bets for what? That he may possibly not only lose his money but his everything, as his girlfriend is walking out on him. I also like how they incorporated the crackdown in the machinima. That he had to go all in before he lost his chance.

I got really sidetracked in all the links in some of the videos. I am a moderate gamer, ex moderate gamer, and I found the machinimas about the game World of Warcraft very amusing, only because it is one of the best games in the world. There were so many remixes of absolutely every subject. There were a couple of popular songs that were actually quite clever. It was really nice because I had knowledge about everything that was going on, like the different settings, props, terms, actions, and expressions.

After watching the different videos a few , actually a large amount of ideas started popping into my head. One idea is using the all the world of war craft characters, settings , creatures, epic two handed swords, epic daggers, epic staffs ,epic shoulders etc., to try to portray Marcuses fight to stand up for what he wants and believes in. With the large amount of knowledge I have of the game play, I was thinking about having one courageous guy with epic gear all around with one mission, to kill the Frost King Arthas (symbolizing the home land security). Prior to ever actually getting to Arthas , he must pass through small feats (representing all the little takes Marcus makes to retaliate against the DHS), in this part he will go through a raid or a dungeon fighting against numerous amounts and a large variety of different creatures . Eventually his all-around “epicness” can only go so far, so he begins to build an army. This large raid group comes together and kills the raid boss ( the DHS). Another idea that I thought of was simply using the story line of the Matrix. The agents would represent the DHS and Neo would represent Marcus. I think the hall way seen in the first movie would be a lot of fun to do because there would be so much action and effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment