Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Then and Now

The article was interesting. I really wish there was more information on the other 3 types. The fact that a lot of students did not understand the material they used and just put it in there as is it amazing to me. I personally believe that depending on the type of paper citing or quoting outside sources will be different. In terms of English papers and papers based off of books I see more quotes in reference to specific scenes or text within the book. But in terms of research papers it requires more in-depth research into the material one is citing so one can truly offer a good opinion not just on ones own idea’s but to be on par to challenge other ideas.

In high school we actually did a lot of research papers in which we used sources. We had a lot of electronic resources as well as books available to us that writing with cite became almost a normal thing. We did do something close to an annotated bibliography in high school but not as in depth as I am doing now in college. I believe I am farther now then I was in high school because now I know how to do a relatively decent annotated bibliography and review of the literature. I mean in high school there were times when you could just do a paraphrasing but my school was always really strict on plagiarism. Which made us really keen on trying o understand the material and understanding it. But I do feel my writing has improved,

No comments:

Post a Comment