Wednesday, April 13, 2011

citations

For the most part i do my best to summarize things i am writing about. however sometimes i find it difficult to find another way to say certain things in which case i try to re word what the original author has said or just put his exact quote in, but when i do this is always cite them. i tend to write a lot about science so about year ago i would say when i wrote i probably paraphrased a lot more than i do now, this being that i have a better understanding of what i am writing about now so it is easier for me to write it in my own words. however still sometimes and probably for the rest of my life I'm going to read things that are going to be over my head, this is where i start to get in trouble because I don't completely understand the topic, hopefully i will have the time to understand it and in my professional life mi sure i will its just hard when there are school deadlines I see the point of this is to understand that the best way to write things is to have a full understanding of what you are writing about and this is what I'm going to try to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment