Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Remix and Proposal

You can find my remix here: http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/kwendland For my final remix of Little Brother, I wrote an alternate ending in the style of Cory Doctorow. I began at page 345, right before Barbara and the state police come to save Marcus and the rest of the prisoners. I decided another option for the ending of the novel would be if Marcus ended up giving in to severe haircut lady and the rest of the DHS. I thought it would comeplete the circle of Marcus thinking he can beat authority, but in the end, authority wins. I know thats not really the point to the book, but I wanted to see how the story may develop if that was the case. I think my fan fiction is written at an A level because it is explicitly in the style of Doctorow, and adds an original touch to the story but still has a strong connection to it! For my research hypertext, I want to look into the roles of political activists vs. the government and how it relates to the Xnetters. I will probably focus on the efforts of the Flower Children and MLK. I think this topic will be good because I am interested in it, and also its not too specific but also I don't think it is too general. There will definitely be some strong connections to "Little Brother" and I think that by using the novel I will be able to understand my research better.

No comments:

Post a Comment