Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Revised Fan Fiction

"Thugz Mansion (Nas Acoustic)"
(feat. J. Phoenix, Nas)

Shoot, tired of gettin caught
Tired of gettin chased by the Homeland Security
Hackers need a spot where WE can kick it
A spot where WE belong, that's just for us
Hackers ain't gotta get all encrypted up and be all secret
Y'knahmean? Where do hackers go when technology dies?
Ain't no heaven for a thug hacker
That's why we go to hacker mansion
That's the only place where hackers get in free and you gotta be a bug free.
... at hacker mansion

[Verse One: 2Pac]
A place to spend my quiet nights, time to unwind
So much pressure on my computer of mine, I crash at times
I once contemplated an external hard drive, and woulda tried
But when I went to Fry’s , all I could see all the Federal product ties.
No one knows my struggle, they only see the trouble
Not knowin it's hard to carry on when Homeland is on to you.
Picture me inside the misery of no technology
No computer alive has ever witnessed struggles like I’ve derived
Hackin hard for new ways, promise to download on
Me and my comp ain't have a choice but to encode on
We found a wifi spot to kick it
Where we can hack computers and no one bickers over laggy shit
A spot where we can encrypt in peace, and even though we give Trojan Horsees
We still visualize places, that we can hack in peace
And in my mind's eye I see this place, the hackers go in fast
I got a wireless hot spot out back , so we can hack, at hackers mansion

Every corner, every city
the man makes life a little crazy
like terrorist, they think I look
What the hell , I thought I had rights
This is why I hack, to stand and fight
Every wrong, I can’t sleep at night
For now let’s cheer with beer
In the end all the home land are the ones that will be arrested.


So this is my revised lyrics. The reason i chose this song was because , in this song Tupac tries to claim that if authority would just leave them and allow a place foe them to go and do what they want it would all be okay. This relates to the novel because Marcus and his crew are doing something that the authorities find suspicious and cracking down on them. What i revised from the original version was a few words that allowed it to flow to the original song little better. I also added another verse making it little longer and adding another theme that i plan to write my research paper on.


Research Paper Topic.

I was planning on my research topic being about desire to revolt against oppression yet the fear to do it. In many situations there is always the ideas of stuff that are wrong and that need change, however a large majority of the times no one stands up to revolt. If you look at history , many of the famous revolts or counter culture movements were seen as right or even praised. Yet when someone stands and tries to make a stand or revolt against what is normal it is looked down on or dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment