Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Machinima

After looking at some of the videos I found them very interesting yet limited. Depending on the platform the features and work around are very inadequate. The fact of the matter is it comes down to a couple things. Sure using video games allow for a lot of variety in settings and cost but not all scenes are possible at least not within on platform. I watched the Mine craft + GTA video which I thought was pretty funny as well as the black ops zombie one. This is inspiring cause I could see a way to put zombies in a remix of little brother. I think one of the benefits of this is that really you can blend things together which would be almost impossible on other platforms and if done right it can flow together very smoothly. Though I can not judge this because I have not tried second life I feel the platform is more restrictive than other platforms due to the fact that you do not have absolute control over the domain unlike other games like garry’s mod.
While when looking through the links I found a couple interesting screen plays I wanted to look at but it was either taken off or was broken. I didn’t like the fact I had to download it to view but in the end I looked at a couple screen plays. What really inspired me and I remember talking about in high school was the fact that most movie build up to a climax. Very rarely do movies start with a scene that is intense. Now of all the ones I’ve looked at it involved setting up the scene. Some had metaphors and foreshadowing symbols as camera pan out. There were also other scripts that tried to set up an emotional connection between the viewer and the characters. One of the ones I read was the wizard of Oz. At the beginning scene it shows the protagonist with Toto and the dilemma that ensues. I found it funny that at the end they never mention the fate of Toto and if you know the storyline you should know why Toto was important to the film. Well this is inspiring because I find it hilarious that there are plot holes that movies forget to deal with. These two factors have lead me to try to create a story that hopefully starts out with some action as well as leaves no stone unturned. I also hope to make the remix smooth and hopefully the plots will blend together and not contradict each other enough
Now after thinking about some possible remixes that I could do with little brother. I have come up with 2 possible themes/blends. One idea was to remix little brother with inception. The other idea was to add in zombies. Some other possibilities that might be interesting but is not very plausible with the platform we will be using are some kind of remixing little brother with portal or FEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment