Sunday, October 10, 2010

Topic Invention for Analytical Hypertext

Abortion

For my analytical hypertext project I decided to choose the topic of abortion. I personally am pro-choice. I believe that if a woman becomes pregnant and does not wish to have the baby, it is her right to decide if she wants to have an abortion or not. I am also well aware of the opposing argument, that being, that it is morally wrong for a person to abort an unborn child. There are many reasons for supporting either side which I will go into much more detail in my hypertext project. Delving into beliefs, feelings, and reasons for having these feelings and beliefs. There are many groups that have some sort of investment in this topic and I plan on going into greater detail on them. One of the groups I will discuss will be pregnant women. I will describe how pregnant women wanting an abortion feel that since it is their body and child which are in question, that it is their choice whether to get an abortion or not. Another viewpoint I will discuss is that of expecting fathers, and how they have no legal rights when it comes to the abortion of their potential child. I will also discuss the likely emotional and mental tolls that this can play on their mind. Another viewpoint I will look at is that of a child who’s mother wanted to have an abortion, however, the law would not allow, so the child was put in an orphanage. I will discuss the emotional tolls this can place on a child and how it can affect them their entire lives. One other view I will consider is that of the Catholic Church and how it’s views on abortion greatly influence the feelings of others and also the laws created on abortion. My views on abortion and the views of these other groups have many differences and similarities that I am prepared to discuss in detail in my hypertext.

No comments:

Post a Comment