Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Your Turn

An issue that has driven me mad over the course of high school and college is when I hear that a cute girl wanted me to ask her out, but I had no idea. It’s like, why couldn’t she just come up and ask me to grab some food? Is she incapable of uttering a question with an overall intent of asking a guy out? Instead, what might have been the future mother of my children (wife) walks off, leaving little possible chance of a blossoming romance.

Another area through which women choose not to engage males is school dances, such as homecoming and prom. Yes, you could argue that some schools enforce a turnabout dance for just this reason, but why is that a necessary procedure? My argument is that if girl would just have the guts to ask a guy to any dance then it wouldn’t even be a concern.

Girls may whine that they don’t want to be rejected, but are men not repeatedly subject to that fear? I do not propose that women are in charge of all romantic propositions, but just that they take an initiative in appropriate situations.

The final and most influential area that this line of thought follows is that of marriage proposal. Yes, I am offering that women “get down on a knee”, if not literally at least in the sense that they are involved in the decision. My initial vision of this would be a time that a couple sits down and has a conversation about marriage that results in the announcement of an engagement.

The most important part of my proposal is that I am not attempting to dispose of the old traditions; I simply think that, like many other customs, the science of relationships should be evolving with humanity. The norm has bet set in stone, but I believe it is time to move out of the dark ages into a cooperative future.

No comments:

Post a Comment