Monday, October 25, 2010

Peer Review

DESIGN
Vanessa: I really love the font generators you used in your site- having just the title in an interesting text really adds a lot to your website. Another nice design feature about your site is the fact that you have pictures on either side of the text. I would suggest playing around with how you justify the text and see if it looks as good to have it left justified. Finally, I really like that you have two different navigation bars because it makes your site very easy to navigate.

Sam: I love the cat picture.. that is a great way to open up the website I think it's very cute! Past that, I think you used photos from a wide variety of ages and musical preferences which is effective in proving your point. I might suggest displaying your picture but not tiling them because it can make some of the pages look kind of busy. The text is narrow and easy to read but making the table outline invisible would add sophistication.

Doug: I really like the pictures you use and think you used background images appropriately because the text is never hard to read. It adds interest to your site when you put pictures and text in different places on each page and I think you did that very effectively. I would suggest fixing the one picture on the "recreational users" page that does not show up and also consider adjusting the colors on the "emeral triangle" page because the red/green combo can be hard to read. I also really like that you have two navigation bars on either side of your text because it makes your site very easy to navigate.

WRITING ON SITE
Vanessa: I think your writing is very effective because you start out discussing the facts and presenting real information and then make it personal by adding your own experience and discussing why the topic is important to you. My favorite pages of your's is the military page. I like how you open up and then quickly change the tone to show how awful and judgmental "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is and then conclude with your own feelings on the issue of homosexuals in the military.

Doug: I think the writing on your site is an excellent balance between the facts, various points of view, and remaining grounded in your own opinion. You provide just the right amount of facts to supplement your point without overwhelming the viewer. Your site is very interesting because it covers more than just the obvious standpoints and I think your site was very well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment