Wednesday, October 20, 2010

MORAL SINS

Liu:
-
In the world of print, Idea and Expression are one.
-Digital print has graphics, sounds and overall interaction between the print and the reader.
-Digital print is rarely used for consumption of information (i.e. a text book)
-Digital media is commonly used more as a search tool

Nielson:
-
We hardly read what's on websites at all (18%) (Sort of a reiteration of Liu's points)
-We don't engross ourselves into digital literature, we simply skim
-The beginning of all digital print is often the most read and should contain the most information

Jerz:
-
Navigation aids interaction=more time spent on your site as well as more information absorbed my the reader
-Keep your navigation well organized, it can make or break your print

My Website Sucks:
1.My content is not completely organized. My sublinks need a sub splash page rather than the way I have now.

2. My content is not proofread or written as well as I want. I need to develop my writing a little more on my topics and make sure that I don't overwhelm the reader with my point of view.

3. My website has different looks for some sections. One of my major links is blue while the others are white. By giving the site a uniform look, it will help to maintain its simplicity and organization.

Essentially I need to work on the writing I have in my site and the overall organization. By keeping things easily navigational, it allows my hypertext to have a greater impact on the reader. What I'm aiming for is the incorporation of as many entertaining elements as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment