Monday, October 25, 2010

Peer Critique

Writing on Site

Matt: I'm glad to see someone our age is passionate about global warming lol. But great argument, I know it's hard to keep an unbiased opinion when writing about the views of others, but you did a good job with it. I also liked how you put in a little scientific info about ocean acidification. The only thing I would say to take a look at is putting links in the middle of your text. You may want to "disguise" the links with the name of the article or company website the link leads to. Good job with the site!

Doug: I was really impressed with a lot of the facts you shared on your website. I was also impressed at how honest you were - I respect how you were willing to really open up for this website. Try to explain certain terms that you use throughout your text (i.e. "schedule 1 drug"). Also, try not to repeat yourself too much. For example, on the Recreational Users page, your two paragraphs are almost stating the same points. When stating other stakeholders' view, try to think how they would - try not to write their views with your opinion embedded in the paragraph. Good job with the site though - you chose a really successful and popular topic and the information you provided was not only efficient, but very interesting as well.

Danielle: Love your "Babies" page - cutest picture ever lol. I also like your topic - it was very unique and it shed light on a lot of things that I personally didn't know about rushing or sororities in general. The only thing I suggest is that you take the time to read through each of your pages and correct the little grammatical errors present. Other than that, I really enjoyed reading your site!

Linear Writing

Matt: Again, good job with the writing. A few things I noticed though: 1) The first three paragraphs are your essay are centered while the rest of your essay is shifted left. You might wanna make your entire essay shifted left. 2) In some of your paragraphs you have links in the middle of you text; be sure to take those out. Overall, good job!

Danielle: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment