Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Research Hypertext Proposal

My final hypertext of the fall quarter will discuss the low wage workers involved in retail. I hope to accurately portray the difficult lifestyle of an individual who makes a living by working in a store that sells clothes. In my hypertext I will discuss retail workers in different situations, including different age groups, financial background, and different levels of desperation for the job.

There are many hardships to overcome while working in retail, some more difficult to take on than others. My hypertext will examine a few of these hardships and how employees, a few of whom I know personally, choose to go about dealing with these hardships. I am going to primarily use my experiences working at Hollister to compose my hypertext. Hollister is a beach themed retail store where I worked for two years. My experiences will be significant in demonstrating the concept of being an employee at a retail worker. I am not a typical low wage worker, as I simply work to earn spending money. I will do the best I can to exemplify how difficult it is for a retail worker who works for eight dollars an hour to support his or herself, and their family in some cases. I hope to convince the reader that retail workers do not get paid enough.

Finally, my hypertext will include stories of employees whom I personally know (whose names will be changed for the sake of privacy) who are much less fortunate than I am. I will make clear the extreme effort many individuals make day in and day out just to make ends meet. I will construct a multiple page hypertext which will demonstrate exactly what it means to be a retail worker. I will DO NO HARM.

No comments:

Post a Comment