Tuesday, November 2, 2010

300 word proposal thing

This research hypertext is going to be about my mother’s experience as an immigrant to the United States. Obviously the direct connection to me is that she is my mother. I want to express the struggles that she had to go through as a new member of the labor force as an immigrant as well as trying to raise children to the best of her abilities. The main perspective that I want to express is the perspective of a child hearing this story and being raised in this environment. I want to also incorporate the perspective of my mother which will in a way represent the mothers struggling. Though there are many different stories and events that occur for every mother, I plan to best associate it with my mother’s experience with the majority. The web design will have a different page for a different topic. I want to have a page in which I just first talk about her experience as a low wage worker. Then I will have another page as a low wage worker with a child. Things changed after she had her first child. Priorities changed, schedules changed, jobs changed. I then want to add a page in which two immigrant workers met and fell in love , got married and become a family of four. Yet again things change with the fact that there are two working individuals and two children to rise. A page that I want to add that I want to be one of my more emphasized page is when my dad got injured at work, received a limited amount of benefit, leaving my mom to work alone, to take care of 6 people including herself. Another huge part of my webpage is the perspective of the children (my perspective of this whole situation). I want to research and explain the many different outcomes possible for children raised in low wage environments.

No comments:

Post a Comment